What impact on your Salesforce org would you have if you decided to rename your Business Unit in Marketing Cloud SFMC?
Marketing Cloud Connect managed package shows available business units after you initially connect. It will show you any business units that the System User is entitled to access. If you make changes within the Marketing Cloud to your Business Unit names, you may see issues within your Salesforce Org.
This issue would present itself when viewing the Marketing Cloud Business Units in Salesforce, and the name is different than the Business Unit name within the Marketing Cloud. This name would be the previous name for that business unit, which would have accessed upon your first configuration of the managed package.
However, after changing the business unit name in the marketing cloud, I suggest the following steps:
If a Business Unit’s name is changed in your Marketing Cloud account, the BU’s name in the Salesforce Org will not be updated. This name is retrieved only when the BU is initially integrated/created.
Here are the steps to complete the name change in the SF Org:
- Click Setup.
- Under the “Create” category, select Tabs.
- Click New.
- Choose “Business Units” from the Object drop-down menu.
- Pick any Tab style.
- Click Next | Next | Save.
Rename your Business Unit
- Click the Plus symbol on the tab bar.
- Click on the Business Units link.
- Choose All under the “View” drop-down, and then click Go.
- Select your Business Unit to be Renamed
- Press Edit
- Change Business Unit Name to match your Marketing Cloud BU name (Confirm the Business Unit ID matches the applicable MID from the Marketing Cloud)
- Press Save
Another way to update the Business Unit name is in the Developer Console.
Click to join our Telegram channel and keep getting a notification when we post a new article.